The LT5B is Tilley’s most lightweight, breathable hat and is made in stretch nylon for super comfortable lightweight sun protection.
The Tilley hat fits more comfortably than other hats. It’s designed to be worn low on your head and slightly loose. It should be held on by gravity, not by uncomfortable pressure on your forehead. And like footwear, your Tilley hat must be sized properly. Follow the steps below to ensure you get the right size:
- Find a piece of string or a fabric measuring tape. Any flexible string or fabric you can find around the house will work. Do no use a metal tape measure.
- Wrap the string around your forehead. Make sure the bottom touches right above your eyebrows, and wrap straight around your head. Don’t pull too tight or measure at an angle.
- Compare the measurement you get against a ruler to find your size and use the chart in the product images above to find your ideal Tilley hat size.
- 56 = 67/8, 57 = 7, 58 = 71/4, 59 = 73/8, 60 = 71/2, 61 = 75/8, 62 = 73/4
- Tip: If you already know your regular hat size (from another brand), order one size larger when you order your Tilley. For instance, if you’re sure you’re a 7¼, we’d suggest you order a 7⅜.
- Rated UPF 50+
- Guaranteed for life
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) Finish
- Hidden Pocket
- Moisture-wicking elastic sweatband
- Tuckaway Wind Cord
- Made in Canada
- OEKO-TEX® certification